In honor of Thanksgiving week, instead of posting our whole menu for the week, I am just posting our Thanksgiving Day menu.
Turkey--duh, right? Our turkey will be the traditional roasted version, no deep-frying please. I bought this 12 1/2 pound bird for a whopping $3.06 at HEB thanks to a cart full of beer and wine that made up the $20 I needed to get it for $.25 per pound.
Cornbread Dressing--Mom's recipe made by me using vegetarian vegetable broth this year in honor of my vegetarian sister-in-law. I have done this before and honestly could not taste the difference.
Green Bean Casserole--I use the recipe that is on the can of French's Fried Onions and I always at least double it. But I use a ton of the onions. When I double the recipe I buy a large can of onions to mix in and a small can for the top.
Sweet Potatoes--Hopefully Mom will remember to not put marshmallows on part of it for me. Even when you scrape them off you can still taste them...blerk.
Mashed Potatoes--with gravy made from the turkey drippings and *shudder* giblets. As long as I don't think about it having the giblets in there, it is pretty tasty.
Pumpkin Pie--my grandma is making this standard dessert.
Kentucky Pecan Pie--I am making this one. It has chocolate chips in it and the Kentucky part is the Jim Beam!! Yummalish
I am also bringing MommyDaisy's pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread with a cheesecake ribbon in it, and pumpkin pie Chex mix.
I would love to hear all about what you are having too!
CAKETASTROPHE!! (By Special Request)
13 hours ago

I'm not bringing much. (Just posted about what we'll be eating yesterday.) But I'll make some cookies- gingerbread, maybe sugar, and I'm also thinking about the Pumpkin cookies. Now you have me really wanting to make those again. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like marshmallow/sweet potato casserole!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're going to have a great Thanksgiving!