Monday, April 16, 2012

House Upgrades Update

So things are cracking right along here. We have made some progress on the list of things that need to be done and the biggest one was wrapped up yesterday! After we had the counters put in we still needed some kind of backsplash. Remember? Here's a before pic to help:


Then the work started an it was     WHAM!


                                                                        BAM!


                                                                                        SHAZAM!


So happy with the end result! I do wish we had been able to afford it sooner so that I could have enjoyed it for myself, but now that we have done it, I think someone will be very pleased with our little house.
We also had tile put into the master bathroom:


Now we have no linoleum at all! Hopefully whoever buys our house will appreciate that too. The last step was finally putting in the baseboards and quarter round from the flooring work we had done last year. We just figured we would add it ourselves but never found the time when we had the money or the money when we had the time.

Baseboards back on the tile portions

Quarter round that matches the flooring put on the wood floor areas
As I type the guys are here to make some repairs to our privacy fence. These are the last two big ticket items. After this it is mostly cleaning, a little painting, replacing the garage door opener and the ice maker and packing up our things. Jayme has rented a storage unit and he took a few things from the garage with him this morning. It made it all a little more real that we are leaving. And I am both excited and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I obsessively check for your comments: